2/15/14

Day 3 Yahweh and LORD





Isaiah 42:8  I am Yahweh, that is My Name.


In most of our English translations, Isaiah 42:8 reads like this:

"I am the LORD, this is My Name."

No wonder for years, I never knew God's Name.  I thought God is called the "Lord" because that is how this verse is written in my Bible.  I thought "Lord" is God's Name.


"Lord" is a Title.

"Lord" is not a name.
Lord is a title.

Therefore God's Name is not "Lord" as the translations tell us.

God is Lord.
But "Lord" is not a name.


Isaiah 42:8 should read:  I am Yahweh, that is My Name.

God has a Name.
God Himself tells us: "I am Yahweh, that is my Name."

God's Name is "Yahweh".
God's Name is not "Lord."

Application:

Come to God in prayer today and thank Him for giving us His Name, Yahweh.  It is in His Name that God wants to reveal Himself to you.


We see this promise in  Jeremiah 33:2-3:

“Thus says YAHWEH who made the earth, YAHWEH who formed it to establish it— YAHWEH is his name: Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known."

1.  The Name of God "Yahweh" is repeated 3X here.
2.  It is in His Name Yahweh that God reveals Himself to us.
3.  God is ever ready to tell us of great and hidden things of His plans.  We need to call on His Name, Yahweh.


:)


No comments:

Post a Comment